Welcome to Access Ability, the site that can help your business to recruit people with disabilities.
We can direct you to a pool of job-ready candidates and give you the confidence to realise your aspiration to improve your business by employing people with disabilities.
There are some great organisations and initiatives in your local area that are ready to help you now! Feedback from employers says it can be difficult to understand the vast array of help on offer – this is where Access Ability can help you find your way, for free.
Set up by leading providers of Work Choice and Access to Work – the government’s disability employability programmes – we are committed to supporting you to become “disability confident” and grow your business.
Our aim is to create a single point of contact – enabling easy access to the right information from the right people, right on your doorstep.
Simply enter your postcode into the search box and find out today how you can employ someone with a disability.
Employing people with disabilities can help you to open up new markets and have a diverse and committed workforce. You can also increase efficiency and growth – it’s a FACT!Learn more about us
Did you know?
Various grants and support are available for forward-thinking employers
There are two key government disability programmes – Work Choice and Access to Work.Read about the support available
How we can help
Once Access Ability has directed you to your nearest local organisation, they can help you take the first step towards employing a person with a disability or support you if you already employ...Learn how we can help you
First-hand experience makes Wendy unique
- Working Links@WorkingLinksWatch how we and @PlussInspires helped Beth in her quest to find a long-term job - http://t.co/vcSD83UK3i #disabilityconfident @DWPgovukRetweeted by Access Abilityposted 5 hours ago
- Leonard Cheshire@LeonardCheshireIt's a smart move to employ disabled people, writes our chief executive @ClarePelham: http://t.co/9fby60YwHH #disabilityconfident #Change100Retweeted by Access Abilityposted 5 hours ago
- Access Ability@AccessAbilityAASupport the skills disabled people bring to business by recruiting & retaining disabled talent. #disabilityconfident http://t.co/v44GTr8TSvposted 4 days ago
- Access Ability@AccessAbilityAAHere we go again!! ScottishPower faces investigation over £79m warranty scandal http://t.co/AnQJFtdPZDposted 4 days ago
- Shaw Trust@ShawTrustWe are delighted to announce our partnership with the BBC to improve the representation of disabled people http://t.co/wA8LbkhttjRetweeted by Access Abilityposted 4 days ago
- DWP@DWPgovukA great article that explains why hiring someone with a disability makes good business sense: http://t.co/nn6SyGypX8 #DisabilityConfidentRetweeted by Access Abilityposted 5 days ago
- Shaw Trust@ShawTrust"Less than half of people with a disability, health problem or impairment are in work". Read our report in full http://t.co/KyVESiymxZRetweeted by Access Abilityposted 5 days ago
- Access Ability@AccessAbilityAAHospital trust regime extended to failing care homes http://t.co/fxBUNLzOWJposted 6 days ago
- Neil Crowther@neilmcrowtherMark Harper is new Minister for Disabled People http://t.co/ZT4o0eumsd He held post of shadow for DP before last election & was rather goodRetweeted by Access Abilityposted 1 week ago
- R.B.L.I.@RBLIWant to find out how we support #BritainsBravest? Read about our #SocialEnterprise today: http://t.co/WIkXQ6G6Yu http://t.co/tQW50mJCp3Retweeted by Access Abilityposted 1 week ago View more tweets